June 07, 2011

New Hope

by Leticia Seviraneta

Hope ... may not mean much when everything is under your control and goes according to your plan. No worry, no fear of tomorrow. But these few months I've been taught by God what it truly means to surrender and have hope only in Him. It has been a long devastating moments yet it comes out with a more refined character and stronger faith than ever to Him ;) I can say that this refining process has not meet its end by now and perhaps it won't be for my lifetime. Yet there is something essential in me changes. It's the way I see God and His ways. It's no longer a theory for me. I have testified it with all my heart and soul. And this story ... is what I'd love to share with you all :)

Have you ever gone through a moment when the opened door suddenly turns out to be the closed one? You may have plan a great future for you and you even have all it takes to step forward when suddenly all the roads block out. There are moments when the spouse whom you make the vow with few years ago breaks down the covenant. There are moments when we lose our dear ones at the very best moment in our lives. Heart breaks, illness, accidents, uncertainties, all of them can mess all your plans once in a blink of the eyes. It's something we cannot understand at the very moment it happens and all we can ask is, "Why?"

At that moment, this verse came out and became very alive for me:

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts" -Isaiah 55:9

We can never grow in our faith as long as we put our hope in OUR plan and do not believe in GOD'S plan. What we think good may not be good for Him. He's God after all and we're merely sinful human. It's a moment that struck me down until I declare sincerely what Jesus said as well, "Not my will, but Thine, be done." -Luke 22:42 If you ask me to wait, I'll wait. If you ask me to go, I'll go.

It's not my dream, my life as I planned it to be, not my will. But God's. Anybody can take my dream but not my God. It is good to have a dream but it's no longer good when the dream itself possesses you. It could be your idol. Everything that we cannot let go is our idol. Knowing this ... I decide that I don't want to have anything in my number one besides God. Thereby, I let go and let God works. It's indescribable feeling. I feel free. I'm home where God's sweet presence comes upon me.

This is a kind of surrender that I never imagine I should do. A life that is not mine anymore but totally His. It is a crossroad where I choose to believe in who He is.. a faithful Father. As Rick Warren states, He's a father who's more interested in our character than our comfort. It's not a destination that matters but the process. I write this in the middle of this refining process which is very uncomfortable but now I do have a new hope. And this hope ... is placed upon the rock, Jesus Christ, which is the strongest fortress of our life. Life has its ups and downs. But you can be sure that in both sides, God's always there for you. He's just as far as your prayer :)

"I am near to you whenever you cry out." - Deuteronomy 4:7

"Don't worry, I will take care of you." - Matthew 6:25-26

My longing is to those who is in the same situation like this that you may stand firm in your trust in our good God. I never say that will be easy but it will give you strength to move on. Think about this and please do a favor for yourself.. There are things that we will never find the answer. But never let pain and suffering distract us from our belief in the goodness of God. Take every hard moments in your life as an opportunity to grow in character into Christ likeness and believe that no matter what happens God is good, God loves you, and God is in control of everything.


"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" - 1 Corinthians 2:9

"Do not be sad, for my joy is your strength" -Nehemiah 8:10

"Every promise that I make is true, for I do not lie or change My mind." -Numbers 23:19


My total dependence on Jesus' faithfulness is my new hope. Could it be yours as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment