November 25, 2011

The Beginning and The End



This story began with faith, endured by hope, and ended with love.
One of my favorite song since I was in Junior High is titled, “Somewhere Out There” sung by Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram. It was a very old song.. you can quess how old it is by the musicstyle! Yet I always put my faith in the lyrics. It says ...

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight

Someone’s thinking of me and loving me tonight

Somewhere out there, someone’s saying a prayer

That we’ll find one another in that big somewhere out there

And even though I know how very far apart we are

It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star

And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby

It helps to think we’re sleeping underneath the same big sky

Somewhere out there if love can see us through

Then we’ll be together somewhere out there

Out where dreams come true


Eversince I always wait for my groom-to-be to come into my life. I was always sure that he was doing exactly the same thing.
He’s out there thinking of me too. Even distance sets us apart, time had not come for us to meet, we believe that someday we will find one another. Not by accidents, not by our humanly efforts. But just as God plans it to be. Perfect in His timing, beautiful in His ways.

It’s easy for us not to believe in true love anymore, doesn’t it? True love is rare nowadays, but never forget that there is no “impossible” in God’s dictionary. He is the Author of Love, He even is the love itself J No wonder that when you give the pen of your life to Him, He is able to write the most beautiful love story that you can never imagine.


October 30, 2010. The day I met him, my prince J I didn’t know who he was :p I just wondered why his face was on the cover of the course’s folder at school? His hair style also different from the picture so I didn’t recognize that both were the same person haha :D #not detail –person :p I had no special intention to him until he ‘accidentally’ contacted me J As a woman who had principle of waiting, I would never contact him first haha :D For me that’s God’s design J Man as the initiator, women as the responder. No.. it’s not old-fashioned! It’s God’s fashion!


He always become the man whom I can trust eversinceJ I had confidence that he was different from other guys. Thereby, I gave him devotional book because I was also certain that he would read itJ I did not expect much that our ‘relationship’ will develop any further, yet I just had a longing that wherever he was and though we did not meet again, he would keep growing in Christ. That’s it. Sounds naive huh? J


Sometimes I noticed that he cared for me. Yet on the other hand he never called, never asked me to go out together, so I thought he just wanted to be friends :p He contacted me also not every day so I guessed it’s not a sign for someone who has special attention to me J Yet as the time goes by, though we never met again, I always regard him as one of my best friend J I can freely told him about everything, even my deepest feeling, fear, and longing. Again he is always be the man whom I can trust with *hugs*


Did I expect more in this ‘relationship’? Yes. Yet I wait til he made the move first :p I waited for months, still I didn’t ‘smell’ any movement haha :D Until I reached some point where I realized that if we really wanted to truly know someone, we have to get in contact directly too. And that caused me a little confused :p I was not good in sending ‘signals’ since I was not a satelite :p anything that made me move first for me equals to be aggresive haha.. I was a believer of God’s design so my only choice is simply ... waiting J


Then ... why him? What makes him special? You may have heard that people often give advice that you should make friends with many guys then you choose the best among them. So, it is as if you have plenty of options, but you choose one among all. Yet for me, since I met him, there is no other options, he is the only option I have. Not because he’s perfect, yet because he is someone who’s all sincere, honest, and whom I can trust to be a wonderful husband and father. Most importantly, he loves Jesus Christ. Many of his values regarding relationship are quite the same as mine. Aren’t that qualities that we as women love to see in our life-partner?


My God-given dream can either die or live depends on my life-partner. Since in the end, wife will follow her husband, so I always keep in mind that it is very important to be with the one who shares the same vision as I have. I found it again in him J I always see him as a growing person and I always believe that he can be a great leader under Christ’s authority to lead others. See ... we don’t need a perfect partner, all we need is a growing partner who will never stop learning J By that, what seems to be weakness now can be developed to be strength. What a joy it would be if I could be a true helper in the process too J It takes humble person to be willing to learn. Humility is the greatest asset one’s have to advance in this life.


... and I always find these in himJ If I hadn’t see it now, I am certain that I will in the future. This is the beginning, faith. Hope will cause us to endure through hard times. And it ends with love. True love.


I love you so much, Jabrik :)

No comments:

Post a Comment