November 21, 2011

The Power of Words

Words to Avoid with Your Children

You can’t do anything right.
You are driving me crazy!
You make me so upset!
You make me so angry!
Why did you do that?
Why can’t you make good grades like your sister/brother?
Look at all I’ve done for you.
You don’t love me.
I’ve told you a thousand times.
You’ll never learn, will you?


Twenty-five things never to say to your husband.


I told you so.
You’re always in a bad mood.
You just don’t think.
It’s all your fault.
What’s wrong with you?

All you ever do is complain.
I can’t do anything to please you.
You made your bed, now lie in it.
You should have thought about that before.
You never listen to me.
All you care about is yourself.
I don’t know why I put up with you.
I can talk to you until I’m blue in the face and it doesn’t do any good.
If you don’t like it, you know where the door is.
That was stupid.
What’s your problem?

You think you’re always right.
You’re don’t own me.
You never help me around the house.
Who do you think you are?
You’re impossible.
What do you want now?
You are such a big baby.
It’s all about you, isn’t it?
How many times do I have to tell you?

Twenty-five things your husband longs to hear.

I’ve been thinking about you all day.
What can I do for you today?
How can I pray for you today?

The best part of my
day is when you come home.
You are one of God’s most precious gifts to me.
Thank you.
I’m sorry
You are so wonderful.
You look so handsome today.

You make my day brighter.
I don’t feel complete without you.
You are my best friend.
I love spending time with you. Thank you for taking such good care of me.
You are my knight in shining armor.
I will always love you.

I trust your decisions.
I can always count on you.
What would you like to do?
I prize every moment we’re together.
I see God’s fingerprints all over you.
You are such an inspiration to so many people.
You are such a wonderful father.
You could give classes on how to be a great husband.
I believe in you.
What do you think?

Words Children Longs to Hear

I’m glad you’re my son/daughter.
I love spending time with you.
I'll never forget the day you were born.
You were such an incredible gift from God…and you still are.
Thanks for cleaning your room. You did a great job.
You teach me so much about life.
I can always count on you.

You are God’s special gift to me.
My favorite part of the day is picking you up from school.
You’re such a good helper.

I'm proud of you!
I knew you could do it!
God made a masterpiece when He made you.
How did you get so smart

No comments:

Post a Comment