November 28, 2011

True Love Waits


Many people misuse the idea of love for the sake of lust. Yet their differences are very clear. Lust cannot wait, love waits. Lust is all about self, love is all about your partner. It can be seen that lust and ego are twin brothers. They cannot be separated from each other. Lust focuses on physical, love focuses on spiritual and emotional. When a relationship is based on love, you need not to worry when your face and body are getting older. You know that’s not the main thing your spouse concern about. It is not old fashioned to say that the true beauty is found in the eyes of the beholder, on the heart.

One thing I know for sure is that lust soon evaporates, while love remains forever. Lust is temporary, love lasts. When our physical body is getting older, you know what you really need is not sex. You need a best friend to accompany, your spouse. What a tragic it will be when you find that you are a stranger to your spouse at last.

Physical appearance can be important when we put them on priority. When our eyes are always being spoiled to seek for the external beauty, we will find it harder to look at the inner beauty. Hence, guarding our eyes will be the same as guarding your hearts. For the eyes are the window of your heart.


I always love seeing grandpas and grandmas walking by holding hands one another. Moreover if I can feel the warm of their love, it glitters me with the hope that I can have the lasting love as theirs too. Therefore I wait faithfully for the right one J Because I know that it takes two to tango, it takes two faithful and loving person also to build not merely a house, yet a home J


Before I met Jabrik, I wait with a sure confidence that I will be founded by that Godly manJ God assured me recently that, “If you can wait without seeing the outcome, why can’t you wait faithfully when you can see the outcome in the end now?” God assured me that this separation will only be temporary and in the end we will meet again. I miss him so much #hugs. Yesterday when I saw two Christmas trees at Grand Hyatt hotel I still hope that we can spend Christmas together this year #hopefully. Yet again, I need to refrain from that longing for now..

It takes faith to wait. Not merely faith, yet a very very strong faith. Maybe that is why God’s timing sometimes make us wait for a while. He always want to develop our patience. You cannot be patient when you cannot even wait. There are moments when we are tempted that our waiting is in vain. Yet Elisabeth Elliot once wrote,

“Faith's most severe tests come not when we see nothing, but when we see a stunning array of evidence that seems to prove our faith vain. Of one thing I am perfectly sure: God's story never ends with ashes.” Will you wait when you have assurance that it will be a happy ending? Yes, and I want God’s version of ending, not mine J

“Restlessness and impatience change nothing except our peace and joy. Peace does not dwell in outward things, but in the heart prepared to wait trustfully and quietly on Him who has all things safely in His hands.”
Elisabeth Elliot


Love is slow to lose patience - it looks for a way of being constructive.


Love is not possessive.


Love is not anxious to impress nor does it cherish inflated ideas of its own ideas.

Love has good manners and does not pursue selfish advantage.


Love is not touchy.


Love does not keep account of evil or gloat over the wickedness of other people. On the contrary, it is glad with all good men when truth prevails.


Love knows no limits to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can

outlast anything.

It is, in fact, the one thing that stands when all else has fallen

-1 Corinthians 13:4-8


Missing you is my hobby, supporting you is my job, encouraging you is my duty, and loving you is my life.

... and that is why.. True love waits.

No comments:

Post a Comment