July 17, 2012

Bloom Where You Are Planted


Sometimes God calls us to go, but sometimes He also calls us to stay. In both ways, He has a certain purpose. Do you remember the "Go Round" sign on my previous post titled "God's Signpost"? The moment He asked you to stay can be described as the go round phase in your life. There are many people who dislike their daily life, moreover when they do the job they dislike to do. Some may do it because they think that they do not have a choice, some may do it because they cannot imagine to do other things they can do. There is a different in a situation when you are called to a God-given dreams but you are doing things that seems unconnected to that dreams at the very moment. Questions arise such as, "Should I go to pursue the dream now? Should I just leave my current job?" The answer is depends on God's leading on you. I was called to serve the Lord as a preacher when I was 19 years old [almost 4 years ago]. That calling is still very alive til now but it seems like I am in go round phase. God shows me that to achieve a greater dream, I must have gone through a longer season of preparation. For character and faith does not built in a day. It takes time and that fact sometimes is the one we do not want to hear for we are driven by our enthusiasm. There is a popular saying which states, "Skills can make you to the top, but only character that can maintain you there." So I truly believe that if God has given you a great dream [which He always gives you a great one beyond your imagination], you need to allow God to let you go through in season of preparation [sometimes it can be called as 'the desert experience']. It can be in a form of doing things that you feel so usual everyday. Things that can lead you to boredom but you have a responsibility to do it. Things that can make your family or closest relatives see you different in doing it.




In Luke 16:10, Jesus says, "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much." What are the things that are entrusted to you right now? Is it housework? Is it your occupation or your study? Be faithful in these things. The world sees greatness in terms of achievement, while Jesus sees greatness in terms of faithfulness. I am sure that it is just a matter of time, you can go to higher level of life as you commit your life to do everything that is in your hands now faithfully and well. Many of us want to skip this phase and just go to the top and do what we want to do. Well, some people can do that.. but they may miss a necessary process along the way. You cannot lead pretty well without having experience of being led by someone. We are better connected when we have been where others are standing now. The point is it is the process that makes you the way you are, not the destination. Be grateful in the process and that will make your journey more enjoyable.

"A journey of one thousand miles begins with a single step."
-Lao Tzu

Mother Teresa once stated this, "Be faithful in small things, because in them your strength lies." Why does our strength lies on small things? How can we become strong when what we do are just a very common thing? Here I want to help you to see as God sees. What we see as small can mean big for God. God's standard and worldly standard are most likely very different from one another. He knows that as we appreciate each small things in our life, our character is being molded into His likeness. He is teaching us of humility. The strong is the humble one and the weak is the proud one. It takes effort to do this unusual principle and that is what makes us strong in His eyes. John 3:30 says, "He must increase, I must decrease." The whole journey of Christianity is about us dying to ourselves and let God have the glory of all. Humility is the gate to tap on His grace and mercy. Be humble, then you will be strong.




Have you ever seen the rockflower? I am pretty amazed on these flowers. They can bloom in the midst of rocks. And yes, they are beautiful. I do not know how can their roots and stems could survive from these rocks, but they prove that they can.I believe that God speaks throughout all of His creations and this rockflower cannot be an exception. God is teaching us to bloom wherever you are planted. Even if you are on the desert experience or go round phase, God simply asks you to bloom there. You do not need to go somewhere far or wait until you have reached your dreams to assume that you bloom enough. God calls us to bloom right here, right now. If there seems to be no way, be like this rockflower who finds a way to keep blooming even in the midst of rocks. If there is no way, make a way and let God leads you. I often find myself doing things I dislike to do over my academic years. But I had determination to keep doing my best and that led me to achieve scholarships since Senior High until I graduated from University. I had not such a great dream at that moment but what I could do at that moment was doing my best in whatever things that had been entrusted to me One step at a time. I believe those experiences in doing things I dislike faithfully have made the way I am today. I am choosing to keep blooming wherever I am. Make a contribution to establish God's Kingdom on earth. I am determined not to let each day passes without something meaningful for God's Kingdom.

Our future is the accumulation of our present moments. There is not a single thing too insignificant to shape our future. So are you ready to bloom wherever you are right now? :)

-Leticia Seviraneta-

No comments:

Post a Comment