October 12, 2012

My Love Story [Part 3]



On the September 21, we were celebrating our 7 months being in a relationship. Not a long period of time to be boast of I know haha.. But it has been a journey full of God's faithfulness, mercy, and love for us. Some people may wonder what a naive thing for me to post my love story even before it reaches toward the point of marriage. Well, for me, this is an act of faith. I believe what I have not seen. My purpose to share this is to encourage people who may feel what I feel that there is a God out there who concerns of your love story. 

You may often wonder, "How do you know that Jabrik is the best God has for you?" Well, I asked God and He confirmed it. For some people the whole confirmation thing can be tricky. Yet I asked for a clear sign which will prove in the end that it must be from God. Pray specifically for this. For me, God putted in my heart for one verse which is 1 Corinthians 2:9:


However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."

Then I prayed, "Lord, if he is whom you want me to marry with, let You put this verse too in his heart." The funny thing was I told Jabrik that I asked God for this verse sign and he had to 'guess' it rightly. If not, then I regarded that he was not for me. I did not realize that my 'challenge' overwhelmed him a lot. He thought, "Poor me.. There are 31,103 verses in the whole Bible and I have to get it right with only one chance. That means there is only 0.003 probability that I would guess it right." Then Jabrik kept thinking over and over again about the possibility of the 'golden verse'. He thought, "Probably Proverbs 3:5-6.. because she has just tweeted it.. or probably something related to the word "faith" so He searched online to seek all the verses about faith. Being ended up with hundreds of choices, he was getting desperate, "Poor me ..."



Then one night, as he went to sleep in deep trouble, he heard one voice singing, "What no eyes has seen. No ear has heard. No mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him ..." In Indonesian language the song goes like this:


Apa yang tak pernah dilihat mata
Apa yang tak pernah didengar telinga
Yang tak pernah timbul di dalam hati
Semua disediakan bagi yang mengasihi Dia
Reff:
Allah sanggup melakukan segala perkara
Dulu, s'karang dan s'lamanya
Kuasanya tidak berubah (2x)

Then Jabrik said to God, "Don't sing. I asked for a verse, not a song." And God said, "Son, I'm singing you the verse." At that night, Jabrik for the first time heard God's voice as clear as crystal clear. And he hears from the Lord ever since..

The next morning, I recalled that I simply prayed to the Lord, "God, would You please remind him of that verse?" It was Sunday morning. After I prayed that simple prayer, I went to the church. I remembered clearly that before the service started at 10 AM, Jabrik contacted me and shared his experience last night. When he told me about that song, I knew certainly that God had just answered my very recent prayer. Oh no, He answered it even before I mentioned the morning prayer! I was completely surprised.. I always have faith in God, but this time ... He reveals himself in a very miraculous way I can ever imagine. You can read what happened next in My Love Story [Part 2]

That was my first confirmation from the Lord about Jabrik. The second was Faith's letter which I attached in My Love Story [Part 2}. So, how are we going now?

We spent my 23rd birthday together for the second time ;) And now we are working together to make a devotional book and website which will bless many other people. We have a mission from God and we do not take all of his favor in our relationship for granted. Have we ever fallen? Yes, we have. I always have a dream to save my first kiss in front of the altar on my wedding day. Yet, I have to admit that I did not guard it. We can have a nice dream, but if we don't actually pursue, guard, and defend it, we'll lose it. So we are working on to maintain our purity in this relationship. We fell, but we now save our next kiss for wedding. Hmm.. regarding this physical contact area, many people get confused whether they will be okay or not if they hug, kiss, etc. Many people have different standard on this. Yet I cling to God's words in Song of Solomon 2:7, "Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires ..." The question is not, "How far is too far?" but instead, "How far do we want to honour God?" It is not a matter of what is allowed and what is not allowed to do. But is it a wise thing to do? 

Oh yes, and we are still waiting for parents' approval for our relationship. A miracle. 

When the LORD brought back the captives to Zion,
we were like men who dreamed.
Our mouths were filled with laughter, 
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations, 
"The LORD has done great things for them",
and we are filled with joy.
Restore our fortunes, O LORD,
like streams in the Negev.
Those who sow in tears
will reap with songs of joy.
He who goes out weeping, 
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with Him.
- Psalm 126:1-6


One day, once we get married, it will be like a dream comes true. The door which seems closed right now will be opened. And we know that it takes God and only Him to open it. It is not the story of us, but story of God's love for us. All of these things which are beautiful are only a glimpse of God's immense love. Yes, now we sow in tears, in faith, and in hope. We sacrifice our flesh desires to walk in purity, our wills are being put to death so that His will shall reign.

You may realise through all my writings that I emphasize a lot on commitment before you ever get into a relationship with someone. It is like a seat-belt in which will protect you from the 'accident' of heart-breaking. I wrote it in more detail in The Safest Roller Coaster. Build your relationship in the rock foundation of Jesus Christ. When Christ is at the center of your relationship, you can be sure that you'll always have ways to find one another. Have the same vision in what God wants you to accomplish in this life. Being in a relationship is like having partnership to accomplish God's purpose. It should bring you two together to grow more in Jesus and not make you both grow apart. 

If you are single, enjoy your season with the Lord with all your might. I always hold on to the wise saying which says that, "A woman's heart must be buried so deeply in Christ that a man must seek Christ first in order to find her." If Christ's love is not sufficient for you now, there will be no other man's love which will ever make it. If Jesus who's all perfect cannot make you feel loved, then there will be no merely man who's imperfect who can make you feel loved too. Wait and grow in the Lord. In the mean time, the man who is passionate with God too is doing the same thing. 

(to be continued ...)


-Leticia Seviraneta-

5 comments:

  1. leticia.. thank you for your honesty.. cerita tentang pergumulan jatuh and saving ur first kiss. really honor it :) great reminder that each of us is weak and we need big God..

    am waiting for your devotional book and website.. the next eric&leslie ludy isnt it? yeayy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi again :) thank you for keep lifting me up through your comments too ;) Amennn :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ci Leticia :) I am so blessed blessed with your commitment to God and purity. Your story teaches me that the Lord really care for his daughter's heart. You are so inspirational. May someday both of you will build a great Church, and bless more people who are in relationship. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi irene :) thank u so much for ur response. Yes, hope we are going to build a great relationship together! Love will only as beautiful as God who is in it ;)

    Blessings,
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Thanks buat post kamu.
    Dari tulisan kamu saya bisa merasakan energi baru.
    Pengalaman membaca yang menguatkan iman.

    Vonny

    ReplyDelete